Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PERFECT rooted cutting from Costco

Posted by gr8heather 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 14:49

I was a bridesmaid in my brother in law's wedding, and this rose was in my bridesmaid bouquet. It is from Costco. I started the rooting process around 6/25/12. It has a perfect little stem and blossom! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PERFECT rooted cutting from Costco

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 15:56

very cool!! My husband gave me roses for valentine's day and the following day I cut them up to try to root them (he totally knew thats what I would do LOL)....and they look like they're doing really well! Who says you can't root a florists rose! :)

Tammy

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 15:57

sorry, double posted

This post was edited by TNY78 on Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 15:58

o

That's great!! Are you going to plant it out this summer?

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 12:59

It looks quite healthy. Plant it out in the garden and you'll enjoy it for years to come.

Florist roses are roses. They are just as hard or easy to root as any other rose. The difference with the florist roses is that a lot of them were bred for that industry and they don't grow particularly well outside of a greenhouse with controlled conditions. They're also heavily sprayed to keep diseases off of them so they'll be blemish free for flower shops. In your garden you can't hope to duplicate those conditions so the plants may not produce those same large, flawless blooms and may tend to be weak growing and diseased. But the only way to know how a rose will perform is to plant it in your yard and see.

o

I am going to plant it outside as soon as it warms up. We will see how it does! I took this picture for facebook of it as a bud and then fully opened. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here