Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy4roses_tx

Hybridized

Crazy4Roses_Tx
18 years ago

Would anyone care to show off their very own hyrbidized roses? I would love ot be inspired! I am hoping to hyrbidize some of my own, but I have no blooms.

Comments (3)

• debbysunshine
    18 years ago

The only thing that can mess up roses is disease and bugs of which I faithfully use Orthro systemic and Immunox for a spray just when you see problems but it will be rare now. I live in warm San Diego so my cuttings never needed a plastic cover and are all outside.. I use a mix of cactus mix Supersoil and regular potting mix from Supersoil and am having amazing results and also some cuttings are right in the ground. Never fertalize at least for a long time when fully established. After a day or two with a good Rooting hormone if you gently tug on the stem it will be stuck. If all his is going for you just be patient because all plants have their own rate of growth.. The blooms are far superior from the original plant of which a few of my originals didn't make it once and I took cuttings which were still healthy and they were saved. I have a Hot Cocoa which I got the first year it came out and was beautiful and than poof no blooms so I took three thick cuttings and tossed the original which was in a large pot and I have three thick gorgeous , healthy plants which for two years have not bloomed. This morning I noticed one in the pot was covered with buds, finally after all this time.. What I'm telling you is be patient because some of my cuttings are still sticks but have new buddings and some that have grown this season into beautiful plants are now budding and soon will open.. I have a bif rose garden 30 plants of which only two were not from cuttings mainly from last season and the flowers and scents are far superior to the original plants and well worth the time.. But I must tell you tha I have a Moon Shadow which is my favorite and have taken cuttings over the years and never bloomed just died back.. I took a one inch round cane this year and it has popped a few buds, very slowly so I am just crossing my fingers. Out of forty cuttings in gallon pots with this mixture I haven't lost a single plant and they are all working. For once I have torn cardboard egg cartons covering the cuttings dirt and some little landscape rocks to hold down the cartons so I never have to water which I think is the secret of the overwatering thing and egg cartons and multch in all my dirt gardens and used a couple of bags of worm castings which works magic.. I have always grown OK ross but last growing season with the systemic I looked like a pro and it just blew me away.. Have fun with your garden and be patient.

• george_mander
    18 years ago

Hello Texas,
    I can show you the roses I have hybridized since 1969 on HelpMeFind Roses (HMF) and some on my own web-site. Link to my roses at HMF below where you can also find a link to my site. I now have over 230 photos of about 20 varieties on HMF. Have fun going through the images.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mander roses at HMF

• judyNmilo
    18 years ago

Sure. I've been hybridizing for about 5 years. Here are some of my 'kids.'

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses I've hybridized

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022