Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good HT seed parents

Posted by ken-n.ga.mts 7a/7b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 16:12

I'm hunting for a few good HT seed parents. I've heard Pristine is good. Sheer Elegance?? Crystalline?? Maybe Royal Amethyst?? Any reds or yellows?? Will be crossing strickly HT's. I'll be trying to get a good HT that I can enjoy in my home garden. Something all my own. Thanks for any information.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good HT seed parents

I'm on the same hunt. Helpmefind - has good information under "growing" I think. But I find it impossible to get information on the roses I have. Guess, I'll just have to play wait and see. (waid and seed? LOL)
Carol

o

Canadian Rose...

If you become a premium member of HMF you have access to the lineage reports, which include lists of descendants by name and generation.

To see a sample of the reports, open any rose page and click on the LINEAGE tab. The reports shown will be for the rose 'Betty Boop', which only has 7 descendants. There are 6,273 descendants for 'Peace'. 'Pristine' has 105, 'Sheer Elegance' has 13, 'Royal Amethyst' has 1, but its pollen parent, 'Blue Moon', has 232. As far as I know, HMF is the only database that has this kind of information in such a user friendly format.

Smiles,
Lyn

o

Yes, Lyn,
I am a premium member. I signed up just for the reason you said. :)
But it doesn't have lineage on the roses I'm interested in hybridizing - or else maybe the ones I'm interested in aren't good seed parents so there are no offspring.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here