Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
propagating cuttings

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 19:54

Will soon be able to prune my roses, and I would like to use the most successful method of trying to propagate. I have tried to find out about the burrito method, but all I get as a result of the search are comments and not the original method. Could someone enlighten me? I haven't had much luck in propagating. Thanks for any help Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: propagating cuttings

IMHO, the most successful propagating is done in June. That's when you have healthy, vigorous shoots that want to grow and root. Anything you cut now runs the risk of being winter damaged, dead, impaired, etc.

o

I am no way near pruning,because of the kind of weather we have had. I merely wanted to know what this burrito method was and how to do it. I tried a search but all I got was rhetoric about what they were doing but no information on the method and how it was done. Thanks for your comment. Barb

o

Here Barb. If you start here at the beginning and follow the posts through to the current ones, you will have everything with photos to illustrate the ideas and methods. This should answer all of your questions. Thanks. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Wrapping Cuttings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here