Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danty_gw

Roses in propagation this Spring

danty
11 years ago

Hi GW rose-growing friends,
I am still at it propagating roses (mostly minis and polyanthas) to trade and share with the good people I meet on the GW forum and others.

Attached is a list of the varieties that are in propagation currently.
The names marked with an * are available now.

NOTE: A few varieties are NOID roses that I have given my own names to (for example: Old-fashioned yellow patio).

All I ask is to be compensated for the shipping costs or an equal trade in cuttings I am interested in from those that have them.

Best,
Danty

Comments (18)

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Sent u mail about a possible trade

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Sent u mail about a possible trade

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Dan, you are so nice to offer these each year :) I would love to do the same once I get some good roots going on my cuttings. I think its so much fun to see them root and grow!
    I would love to have any of these:
    The Alexandra Rose
    Inner Wheel
    Fireglow
    Kathleen
    Ivory Palace
    Summerwind
    Cassie

I can either pay postage, or I'll have the following polyantha, mini's, and smaller floribundas for trade after first flush in about 1 month:

Grumpy
    Clotilde Soupert
    Eutin
    The Fairy
    Phyllis Bide
    Apricot Princess
    Blue Mist
    Pixie CL
    Angelica Renae
    Little Buckeroo
    Weeping China Doll
    Outta the Blue
    Vineyard Song
    Orange Elf

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 22:30

• Kippy
    11 years ago

I would love to have the following (Alas nothing to trade yet-but willing to pay)

Caldwell Pink
    Leonie Lamesch
    Mrs W Koning
    Poulsen's Pearl
    Verdun

• casey1gw
    11 years ago

I don't have any minis just floribundas but I would love to pay postage for these:

madame leonie lamesch
    walferdange
    lyda rose
    andie
    the gift

Thank you

• Textea
    11 years ago

Dan, You are a really fine person, Playgold is looking out of this world. Holding for a bloom. I must say I would be honored to have any of you little ones, James

• danty
    Original Author
    11 years ago

James,
    Glad to hear about Playgold.
    It is a bit slow to develop but gains momentum after it gets going.

Please let me know of any roses on the list I posted that appeal to you.

Plan

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Hey Dan, I was logging the plants you sent me on my Excel sheet today, and I wasn't sure if the Inner Wheel you sent me was the Meilland one, or the Fryer one....If you know, can you let me know :) Thanks so much! If not, I can just wait until it blooms..

Tammy

• Textea
    11 years ago

Dan, Thank you so kindly for your offer. I know for sure I need X-Rated (Dee Bennett) she had one of the best teachers. And more than likely a few others, Now speaking of teachers, I am so looking forward to your lecture on the tube. I am certain you will be a great professor, after seeing your wonderful work. Thanks a million times, James

• Textea
    11 years ago

Dan, Thank you so kindly for your offer. I know for sure I need X-Rated (Dee Bennett) she had one of the best teachers. And more than likely a few others, Now speaking of teachers, I am so looking forward to your lecture on the tube. I am certain you will be a great professor, after seeing your wonderful work. Thanks a million times, James

• gagalzone8
    10 years ago

I would love Caldwell pink for postage! I don't have any roses to trade. Just getting started! Please help feed my new addiction!

• danty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi gagal,
    CALDWELL PINK is very popular and all of the rooted cuttings I have are committed to others.
    I will be getting more going so I can keep you on the waiting list if you want.

Just let me know.

Danty

• Alana8aSC
    10 years ago

I sent you a email, Thanks for posting these!

• lil_bird
    10 years ago

Dan
    I would love to have Little Butterfly , Wee Butterflies,Hello Gorgeous,Lighthouse,and The Gift.I have mini Green Ice .Or would be glad to pay postage.Have some other Roses if you want a list. Would be glad to send clippings.
    Glenna

• kemistry
    10 years ago

Ah Danty I"m looking for a Sweet Chariot. Is it still available? I can send you some fragrant plants (jasmine, etc.. ) Let me know! : )

• TeamMcCalla
    10 years ago

Dan (and others on the forum),

I am most interested in trading for Abracadabra, Hocus Pocus, Black Beauty and Simsalabim.

I have the following to trade:

Chrysler Imperial
    Just Joey
    Double Delight
    Bewitched
    Gold Rush
    Garden Party
    Sterling
    Oregold
    Burgundy Iceberg

Others that I am very interested in growing are (in order of preference):

Dortmund (climbing)
    Sally Holmes
    Climbing New Dawn
    Rose de Rescht
    Koko Loko
    Madame Alfred Carriere
    Stretch Johnson
    Mermaid
    Abraham Darby
    Angel Face, Climbing
    Blaze Improved, Climbing
    Topaz Jewel
    Eden Climber
    Paradise Found
    Julio Iglesias
    Yves Piaget
    Jacques Cartier
    Gypsy
    Bubble Bath
    Limoncello
    Gertrude Jekyll

This post was edited by TeamMcCalla on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 13:53

• danty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi TeamMcCalla,
    The ABRACADABRA I have isn't the one you are looking for.
    My plant is a J&P rose bred by Warriner.
    The one you want is a Kordes rose.

Danty

• tminh20
    10 years ago

Hi Danty,
    If you still have some for postage, I would love to pay postage for them. I would like to have a sweet chariot and any other yellows, red and purple ones. Thank you very much.
    Cathy