Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how can you tell if a rose is antique

Posted by medontdo 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 07 at 9:44

i have 2 different types of roses. one is huge.all bushy and all over the place. and its been severely pruned all the way down to abt 5 in off the ground. but came back really good the next spring, but of course i can't make mashed potatoes so i made mashed potatoe juice and gave it to them. they loved it and grew like you would not believe!!! the other one is smallish and has small leaves and has small flowers and both are pink, and both smell good. one is kinda like a double and the other is like a single petal layer. please help??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how can you tell if a rose is antique

Well, first we'll need to identify the rose. Do you have pictures? Can we have more specific information on each plant (bloom color, bloom size, approx. number of petals, plant size, thorniness, fragrance)?

Here is a link that might be useful: How can I identify a found/unknown/mystery rose?

o
Oh...one more thing

Oh, and are they once bloomers (only blooms once a year in the spring) or repeat bloomers (bloom all season)?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here