Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darlow's Enigma

Posted by ladybug_la 9, LA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 11:02

I have not posted or participated in the Rose Forum for several years. Life took over. Now, I am trying to grow just a few roses that I can handle along with the needs of my 2 yr old and 2 dogs and a full-time job.

Does anyone have cuttings of Darlow's Enigma they could send me? I had one I grew from a 4" cutting which became a monster bush. I absolutely adored it and unfortunately lost it after Katrina.

TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darlow's Enigma

I have Darlow's Enigma, and would be happy to send you cuttings. I just went out and looked at it. There are a couple issues.

I have never taken a cutting, so not sure how. Like do you want a whole cane? Tips with buds? Your first bush grew from a 4" cutting, so is that what you want?

I guess you are aware that Darlow's Enigma has more thorns than most, right? OUCH!

If I send them, how do I wrap them to keep them alive?

I guess I could spray the aphids off prior to shipping, or did you want some California aphids?

My Darlow's doesn't get the attention I give the others because it's not a cutting rose, so it just stays over in it's corner, minds it's own business and grows! Mine is a 2 year old plant that was about 6" tall when I bought it from some online nursery, and this year it's putting out some huge canes!

I could also send you cuttings of Blush Noisette. It's similar, and has pink roses, but not as thorny. I hope both of them will eventually climb up my palm trees.
Suzi

o
Rosa Darlow's Enigma

Is there anyone who could spare couple of cuttings of this cutie?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here