Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
op hybrid teas vs. op english roses?

Posted by morningrose 98028 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 12:08

Last year I grew some open pollenated seedling from some english roses. The ones that have bloomed are "English" looking medium to dark pinks. They are mostly very pretty doubles. This year I planted some op seeds from some hybrid teas like Blueberry Hill, Honey Perfume, Playboy, and Distant Drums. They are germinating really well, but the anticipation is too much! My Blueberry Hill has about 20% seedlings with light yellow leaves. I did some research, and It sounds like they are albinos, which won't have enough chlorophyll to grow, which is a bummer because if they did it would be really spectacular. Well I guess to make a long story short, I would like to know if anyone can give me a heads up on what to expect from my op hybrid teas as far a shape and color? If anyone has experience with the varieties I mentioned above, what were your results? Any info is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: op hybrid teas vs. op english roses?

Not really. BTW, none of those you mentioned are HTs. Except for Distant Drums, which is classed as a "Shrub", the rest are Floribundas. I would expect the form to be loose, but the colors could be anything at all. Good luck!

o
RE: op hybrid teas vs. op english roses?

Playboy has several well known children, including Scentimental, Betty Boop, and Flutterbye. Blueberry Hill and Hot Cocoa are grandchildren. HelpMeFind doesn't list any descendants for the other roses on your list but at least you can check out their parentage to get an idea of what might be in the gene pool. Just look up each rose of interest at the link below, then click on the "Lineage" tab.

Here is a link that might be useful: HelpMeFind search

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here