Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steveandjoy_gw

Unable to propogate pittosporum

steveandjoy
17 years ago

Here I am trying desperately to propgate my Pittosporum. I inititally tried air layering,but I think that the branches might have been too woody/hard. I did all the things that I should have...scraped the surface, apply rooting powder, kept potting soil moist etc etc. The only thing that happened on some were some callouses.

So I tried tip layering recently, cutting off new tips, scraping the bottoms a bit, rooting hormone and sticking them in sterile potting soil. They were looking great for a couple weeks (actually had me thinking that the roots had started). Then they started to wilt. I pulled out a few only to realise that there were no roots. The one thing I did not do was to put plastic around the trays. I figured that the heat of my climate was enough, but maybe I did not have enough humidity.

Can anyone let me know what success they have had with propogating Pittosporum. The trees are finally giving me a few seedlings at the base, but I want to propogate the hedge in large numbers.

Joy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County