Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baby rose seedlings....

Posted by faintheart z4b IA (My Page) on
Sat, May 13, 06 at 9:38

Thanks you to all of you and George Mander's reference to the slideshow on starting roses from seed, I have lots of babies. I keep potting up more seeds as they sprout. The hips came from an unknown red floribunda. I am so excited to see the first buds on four of my babies. I just had to share!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am trying to root three cuttings sent to me but am not having great luck. Two have not taken but one might be showing some promise. These babies from seed keep me smiling. Can't wait to see first bloom! :)

~Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baby rose seedlings....

Congrats, it must be terribly exciting! I'm highly interested in growing roses from seeds too, could you perhaps have a link to that sideshow?

o

Here you go, oath5. I will post a pic when I see first bloom. You can do it too!

~Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Hybridizing

o

An update on my roses started from seed.
Another plant in bud.
~Dee

o

Congratulations...very pretty..do they have any fragrance?I sprouted and planted 48 in a seedling tray the wind blew the clear lid off and I lost them all..:-(

o

Thank you, NF. Yes they do have a fragrance that is sooooo nice. :)

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. If the wind in IL is as here lately, those seedlings could be in Jersey by now. :(

o

When did you plant these seeds?

o

Mark,

The seedlings that are showing first bloom were planted in early March. All unique and very pretty in my eyes (a little bias I am sure!) and fragrant.

~Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here