Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guess what I found......

Posted by ealoudermilk 7 North MS (rlouderm@bellsouth.net) on
Thu, May 15, 08 at 10:03

I thought I would post this cause I think it is kinda neat.
If a cutting has the will to live.........

Yesterday I was cleaning around the area where I did my cuttings last year and i noticed what looked like a rose growing. Upon closer inspection, it was indeed a rose for sure!! What a survivor!
I guess what happened was, thinking a cutting was a goner, I plucked it outta the pot and tossed it to the side, only it was alive and took root on the spot.

What is even more amazing is that it got past the dog, when so many of my roses and rose babies didn't.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guess what I found......

neato! hope it's a beaute.

o
RE: Guess what I found......

I love little surprises in the garden. A couple of years ago I got a white bouquet of roses but the stems were pretty skinny and I thought it would't even be worth the time saving so I put the little guy after cutting off the spent blooms out by the mailbox. Today that rosebush has thirty gorgeous roses on it and is so healthy and trouble free.. You go for it !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here