Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anemone Is Rooting Everywhere!

Posted by jrmankins z9 East Texas (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 10:33

My Anemone species hybrid in its second year is rooting everywhere it touches the ground. It is a beautiful plant with once-blooming single pink flowers with pretty gold stamens, sometimes called the Pink Cherokee rose. I have been potting up the rooted starts and have them to share.

It needs room if it is going to spread like that, very thorny and would make a pretty good hedge I think. Mine is growing on a fence, and so was its mother, and it makes a nice showing used that way. But I am going to have to keep after mine with the clippers to keep it in my small yard.
Jeanine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anemone Is Rooting Everywhere!

I would love to have one of your Anemones. Not sure if I have anything you would like to trade for though. Please email me and let me know.

Thanking you in advance
Michelle

o

I would love one also. Please let me know if I have anything you'd like to trade.
Thanks!

Jen

o

Sorry I took so long to check back. I got sick and am just now getting back online.

o

Also had a hotmail account that didn't let any gardenweb messages thru the spam/junk mail filters. I have changed accounts, to jrmankins@gmail.com. Hope that will work better. Just a luddite, really, and not too good at machines!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here