Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

tree rose/patio rose

maidinmontana
16 years ago

My DD gave me one for mothers day. She got it from Costco and it was a little worse for the wear when I got it. Very dried out and broken branches, withered leaves, droopy flowers, and browning buds. I know a little bit about roses, but have never had a tree rose. (Sorry I don't know the name of the particualr species) The flowers look more like those of a tea rose or what I call wild rose rather than the hybrid ones. If that makes sence, they are probably all hybrid. I started whacking on it, I do know to trim it below the fifth leaf, so I did that where I could, I cut off all the browning buds, broken stems and withered leaves. I gave it a huge drink of water. Now I think I should feed it. Will miracle grow liquid food work or should I use a rose food? My friend said she swears by Bayer brand rose food. I think it also needs to be transplanted. Should I do all of this at the same time or give it a break inbetween each step? There is no union on this plant so I am guessing I will plant it at the depth it is at in this pot. Also as for wintering over. . . some say they don't winter here in Montana, I don't have a place out of the weather to put it other than under my house (moblie home) which I thought about doing using mulch for protection. I realize that is a ways away but comments will give me the heads up. Thanks to any and all.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting