Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
propagation with honey anyone?

Posted by sunflowersrus222 7a (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 13:48

I couldn't find any root hormone or root toner so saw on youtube that some had success with honey. I had a few clippings from my roses and thought I would give it a try. Has anyone used honey? I'll know in a few weeks if it works or not but was wondering if anyone had any success with this method.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: propagation with honey anyone?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 31, 13 at 20:41

I just recently heard about this too. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you!

o

What an interesting topic cause I was googling root hormone the other day and I was told Honey would be a great root hormone.I tried it on my confederate jasmine and so far it is wilting or hanging over like my other cutting I rooted without using honey.My asmine are still standing tall like the day I cut it.It has been 5 days now since I put honey on the root and it still look healthy.This would be a great root hormone cause everybody has honey in their cabinet.

o

LaddaLove34 I just checked my rose clippings and so far they still look good. Its only been a few days so I don't want to take them out of the dirt yet to check for roots. But the leaves are still green and perky as well as the stems. Crossing my fingers that at least one roots. If that's all I get I'll be happy.

o

I rooted roses for years without even knowing about rooting hormone, so it isn't a necessary ingredient. Some roses are difficult, and need all the help they can get, but a lot want to root.

o

Just to update: I checked my clippings and they all have tiny roots starting to show. If you all saw my set up you would die. I just have a plastic food container with holes drilled in the bottom, filled it with MG potting soil and then put the honey on the stems and stuck in the soil. Keeping it moist and in a shady area outside.

o

Wow! I'm gonna get me some honey. Thanks for posting & congratulations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here