Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottagegirl_tn

Newbie Mister in sand with questions...

cottagegirl_tn
15 years ago

Ok, I read all the info on GW about simple misting systems. I begged DH to set me up a couple of misting heads which spray a very fine mist over a couple of trays filled with clear solo cups and play sand with cuttings tucked in oh so carefully. He fixed a timer which sprays 5 minutes and cuts off five minutes all day from 7 am to 6 pm. The cuttings look great...no dark stems, new leaf growth. I didn't realize (as I peer in the light colored sand) how hard it would be to detect any roots. Realistically how long does it take to see something?? My cuttings have been in there 3 weeks. I got most of them from old cemeteries so they are very dear to my heart. I had been doing the baggie method which was getting on my nerves. (had a small metropolis of bags on my porch!)It has really just now gotten hot in Southern Middle Tennessee where I live. Can I expect faster rooting during hotter months? I'm just anxious like most are when trying to root something. What have been your personal experiences?? I need moral support that I'm doing all I can be!! :) thanks

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor