Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to propagation

Posted by cymraes z9CA (My Page) on
Thu, May 11, 06 at 19:43

We will be moving from CA to Idaho in about 6 weeks. I would really like to take cuttings from some of my favorite roses to take along. The problem is our new house in ID won't be done until the end of October. So...if I do get some of my cuttings to root, can I keep them over in pots until next spring? I have never done any propagation before, so any and all advice is welcome. I will have a sunroom in my new house, if that would help any.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to propagation

Look at Melva's post below. Yes. I have some cuttings in pots for years. Just keep putting in bigger pots as they grow. I start with a quart size and move to 1 gal. after it starts to grow for several months then the 5 gallon for a year on up to 15 or 20 gallon pot depending on how fast they are growing and how big they get. A sunroom will spoil you and the roses.

o

Thanks! Now I just have to get some rooting medium this weekend and get started. I am looking forward to my sunroom. It was my one demand when designing our new home!

o

I have bare bleeding heart plant and alot of them were broken pieces when I got them is there something I can do to get them to root so I can plant them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here