Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Progress and questions

Posted by hdchan z5 IN (My Page) on
Fri, May 5, 06 at 20:12

Hi all,

Okay, after noticing that some people use table top greenhouses, this is what I have done... stuck callused cuttings in clear cups of seed starting soil, sealed them in baggies, and stuck them in the greenhouse. After a month, I have more foilage than I have ever gotten in previous attempts. I have the next several days off, and plan on hardening them off out of their baggies, but plan on keeping them in the greenhouse for a while longer. Like someone said before, I'm just going to try to hold my mouth right and see how it goes...

A few of the cuttings... their leaves are looking a bit wilted and puny... should their be cause for alarm for this? The stems are still green and healthy. Should I leave them in their baggies for a bit longer?

When I remove them from their baggies and return them to the greenhouse, should I spray them with a weak fertilizer or peroxide/water mix? The greenhouse is on the north side of the house. Should I be concerned about moss growth?

Thanks for any help!
Holly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Progress and questions

Okay following up...

I went out late this afternoon and EEK... found the sun hitting my little greenhouse.... guess that answers my question about the wilting leaves... they are being BAKED!!!

I went ahead and pulled them out of their little baggies for a few hours, but kept them in the greenhouse, which steamed up pretty nice :)

I replaced them in their baggies for night, and will probably keep them in there for a while longer, since the discovery of the baking. I will move them to a more shaded area and give them a few more days before trying to harden them off again.

Thanks,
Holly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here