Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4th of July

Posted by llbean z5 MI (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 08 at 20:12

Hi. I am new to roses and I recently purchased three

Laura Bush (tree roses for my patio)
4th of July (would like to see pics if you have this in bloom).
As well as josephs coat.

I tried Don Juan (as it said it was hardy to zone 5) but it died and has one puney shoot coming from somewhere near the base, I mean tiny. I amnot sure he will survive.
I never did get a huge beautiful plant and I bought him well rooted.
Any way any advice to zone 5 would be appreciated.

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4th of July

Laura, you'll want to post your question over on the main Roses Forum, you will get more visibility and more responses.

o
RE: 4th of July

I recommend David Austin roses. All 30 of my David Austins did fabulously well over last winter, with absolutely no protection except the snow cover, in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada. Look through the David Austin site, and choose ones that are more hardy. Even though they are all hardier, some are even more hardier than others. Abraham Darby for instance gets killed back to the ground, and eventually dies. Fair Bianca is sometimes even cane hardy, and gradually gets bigger and bigger.

o
David Austin roses.

David Austin roses.
I live in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here