Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you use Dip N Grow?

Posted by bluegirl z8TX (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 22:56

I usually use Rhizopan #3, but read so many good comments about DNG.

So what concentration do you use? How long do you let the cuttings sit in it?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you use Dip N Grow?

I dilute it with 1 part Dip N Grow and 4 parts water. I dip for 5 seconds.

o

For hardwood cuttings in wraps, in the late winter-early spring time frame, I mix it to about a 12.5% concentration (half way between the 10 and 15 indicators on the included beaker) and let them soak for a count of six. (one thousand one, one thousand two, etc.) It's great stuff! You can vary the concentration tremendously and it seems to last forever and remain effective. Kim

o

I have had Zero luck with Dip N Gro. I think I am using too strong a solution for the size cuttings I have. I've been using 1 part to 5 parts water. Have had zero success. I used to have about 60 - 75% success with powdered Homex (I think it is called). I plan on trying a much weaker solution in the near future. Will report back.
gracin

o

1 part concentrate to 5 parts water is too strong. I use the concentrate to the indicated line in the plastic vial included in the package then fill it to between the 10 and 15 indicators and it works like a charm. I love how it doesn't gum up like the powders can. I've used it exclusively for several years in the concentrations stated and it hasn't failed me yet. Kim

o

Thanks for the responses. I didn't have any luck with it years back but I bet I was using it at too strong a concentration. Have a new bottle to try for this spring's cuttings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here