Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: Joseph's Coat Rose

Posted by vela75 6/WV (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 07 at 23:13

I would really like to have a Joseph's coat rose. I am just starting a rose garden, so I don't have any roses to trade, but I do have some unnamed plants. I have a beautiful peony (deep pink/purple...almost a magenta color), an orange daylily, daffodils, and hosta (green/white...flowers purple). Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: Joseph's Coat Rose

Hi Vela!

Did you already get a response, or no? Are you looking for a cutting, or the actual rose? I have a Joseph's Coat and I would be happy to send a cutting. It's already been through its first bloom but I have one cane with a bud on it that I can snip.

Thanks!

Emily

o
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! Nope, you're my first response! I have some rooting hormone and can give it a whirl. I've never tried to propagate a rose...but would be willing to try for a chance to have Joseph! Please send me your address and let me know what you would like in trade. Thank you soooo much! (Now if I can just get him to grow roots! :-)

o
RE: Wanted: Joseph's Coat Rose - Advice Please

Hi Vela!

I can send you the cuttings. Just need to know where to send them. Also, and maybe someone can give input on this, but I had an attack of thrips and I have sprayed my roses down with Garden Safe pest spray, but I just worry that if I send a cutting I will be sending you some of my pests. Can anyone give any input on this? Is it a valid concern?

Thanks,

Emily

o
Thank you!

I have sent you an e-mail. Thank you again!!

o
RE: Wanted: Joseph's Coat Rose

Hi Vela,

I haven't received your email and I tried sending you one through the Gardenweb site as well. I'm not sure what the problem is, but you can try emailing me directly at miss_em1@tx.rr.com.

Thanks!

Emily

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here