Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariano83

WANTED roses from B.A

nanito
14 years ago

Hello everybody!

My name is Mariano R. Saviello, I am 25 years old and I have recently got my degree in Biotechnology in the National University of Quilmes (Buenos Aires, Argentina). I am also working in a Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology in the same University doing a research in Microbiology that will be part of my thesis, when I get my master in Biotechnology in a few months. Anyway, I am plannig to start to work in another laboratory; maybe in something related with Vegetal Biotechnology, so I am really excited about this. Maybe you are not interested in this things I have started to write, but I thought it would be good if you know something about me because it is my first message here, so you know who is writting to you.

Since I was a little child I love all kind of plants, but roses are my favourite. It is true that they need many special cares, some attention and a lot of love; but this support is always proportional with the happyness they give us in their flowering time! All the time and effort we invest is well worth!. So, I have started to grow them since then.

My grandfather Nilo Schez was also a rose grower and used to have a huge collection of roses in Necochea, a seaside town almost 500 kilometres from Buenos Aires, where we have a house in which we spend every summer harvesting cherries, plums, apricots and pears. Activity shared by many members of my family. At the moment the-in that time- huge rose collection is not what it was; but we could keep some really interesting varieties, including some old relics, really difficult to find nowadays here in Argentina ´s nurseries, although it is a pity we could not invest much time in the house because it is really far away from where I am living now (Buenos Aires). It is my hobbie and a really healthy way to spend my free time, and switch my mind off the daily routine.

Some years ago Âor a bit more, maybe-I read about the ´Help Me Find´ website, and posted some pictures too, but could not dedicate too much time because I was studying hard to get my degree; so I used the site just to learn more things about this plant and identify some of our rose bushes. Nowadays, with more free time, I am trying to recover my grandfather ´s rose collection, and have been buying many rose bushes to fill the empty spaces of the garden (I plant each variety in the place it used to be when my grandfa was young, according to what he have told me). Everything has changed a lot and we are having now a really colourful space each spring, our last acquisitions includes ´Kronenbourg´, ´Kordes Perfecta´, ´Isabel de Ortíz´, ´Camelot´, ´Red Radiance´, ´Pink Radiance´, Ãntermezzo´ and three more unknow varieties that I could not identified yet (and I am looking into the ID section of this forum to upload some pictures); but we still have to recover some cultivars.

The aim of these message, after seeing this wonderful space into the forum, is asking about the following varieties:

´Dr. Debat´,´Yellow Talismán´,´Frau Karl Druschky´,´Ballet´, ´Eden Rose´, ´Forty-Niner´, ´Mojave, ´President Hoover´, ´Caledonia´, ´Rumba´, ´Buccaneer´, ´Baccarrá´, ´Chrysler Imperial´, ´Comtesse Vandal´, ´Safrano´, ´Rose Gaujard´ and ´Kordes Perfecta Superior´.

As you could all of you imagine, it is really difficult to get some of these varieties here in Argentina, so I hope one day I could grow some of these beauties, in order to keep walking with the rose conservation project I have started with my grandfather many years ago to re-introduce forgotten-and almost extinguised- "old" modern roses.

If anyone could some day contribute just by giving any idea or if anyone have some available cuttings of these plants please let me know.

Needless to say I (and my grandfather) will be extremely grateful!.

Well it is really late here and I must work tomorrow. I am looking forward to hearing from you and my warmest regards from Argentina.

Mariano Saviello (mariano_saviello83@yahoo.com.ar.)

Comments (3)

Sponsored