Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm looking for roses

Posted by lyinseeker z8b (macibo@lycos.com) on
Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 3:00

Does anyone grow Mercedes roses? Will the seeds grow true to type?

L

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm looking for roses

I've not heard of Mercedes. Is that the orange colored Kordes floribunda? No, it won't come true to seed, it is a hybrid. Only species roses come true to seed. But try it, you might like the plants that you get!

o

Thanks for the info. It helps a lot.

o

I had to google Mercedes extensively (because you get lots of stuff about the car and some lady by the name of Mercedes Rose) and came up with very little. She is a very old rose. Here is about the best I found:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercedes Rose

o

There are a few roses named "Mercedes", the 2006 Combined Rose List shows a gallica from 1847, a Hybrid multiflora from 1886 and a floribunda from 1974, also a climbing HT from 1982.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercedes roses at helpmefind.com

o

wow popular name for roses.

o

Thanks to all who replied. My question has been answered.

L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here