Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kathleen Harrop...anyone familiar with this climbing rose

Posted by cadillactaste zone 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 6:56

I am looking for something that is climbing that is "non-toxic" to dogs. That can handle semi shade. I am thinking this fits the bill. Would love for it to fill the trellis...

What is the care for such a climbing rose? I have ground cover roses...that are easy. Wasn't sure if these took more care to keep happy.

"Kathleen Harrop
Introduced in 1919, Kathleen Harrop is a sport of "Zephirine Drouhin" Bourbon rose. Noted for being more shade-tolerant than many rose plants, it is hardy to USDA Zone 5. Kathleen Harrop blooms with pink, semi-double blossoms continuously throughout the season, and grows to be approximately 10 feet in height."

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/list_7529078_climbing-zone-five-partial-sun.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kathleen Harrop...anyone familiar with this climbing rose

Though...I do like those miniature roses...'Jeanne La Joie' (Rosa) is what this one was called. Though thorns and training it up the trellis has me a bit timid.

Of these two...which would you feel the best choice? For someone not super knowledgable of roses...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here