Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ditaroy

New rose plant leaves falling off

ditaroy
17 years ago

I need help!! I planted a rose last year from a cutting using the pop bottle method. It did beautifully through the winter. And is now outdoors, was growing well and looked healthy. In the last 2 weeks or so my indoor palm plant got infested by spider mites. And i think it spread somehow to the outdoor rose. I used the safers insecticidal soap spray on it. And now I find that the leaves are dropping off!! The leaves are slowly becoming yellow spotted and then falling off. I cannot tell if the soap is causing this or if the mites themselves are causing the problem. The worst part is its actually set its first flower bud! And I am excited and hoping and praying that it blooms! I also read somewhere that Nitrogen deficiency can cause yellowing of the leaves. Could this be the problem? I have been using miracle grow. Should I use something else?

What else do I need to do in order to keep the poor thing from just dying? It still has lots of leaves on the bottom part. Also should I change the soil and pot? How can I prune it to promote new growth from the bottom so that the plant itself branches and spreads instead of the single stem it has been for so long?

Any help would be great since I managed to make it survive the Michigan winter, Im hoping there is some simple solution to this problem.

Help!! Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor