Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth7happy

unknown old rose?

beth7happy
11 years ago

In May we were visiting our son and DIL to greet our newest grandson in the Savannah area. (Thank you, he IS fantastic!) Over their back fence (6 ft stockade) were casecades of beautiful clusters of small pink roses - stems without thorns, it seems! The neighbor said, "Oh just take some stems and stick them into the ground. This was from something my mother got that survived Katrina in New Orleans!" Wow...that easy?? I'm a skeptic! So, brought home 9 little pieces and plunked them into drain-less clear cups in a mix of potting soil, and vermiculite...watered gently with aspirin water...placed in a make-shift plastic greenhouse like thing. This morning it seems that 5 of the 9 have a fair chance...one more a very weak 'maybe'. I moved them from the drainless cups to regular small clay pots with a drain hole. It's pretty humid here in Florida right now so I'm tossing the greenhouse thing. Any other suggestions??? (I DID actually see some roots during the change!) An I on the right track??

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida