Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Question - I have my cuttings potted up now but

aliska12000
17 years ago

the leaves touch the bottle, and I don't think they are supposed to do that. Should I clip them back? They are sitting in the shade and watered, but I wanted to get them in the ground temporarily, put a bottle over them, put an old screen over them and weight it down.

It was not so easy to find cuttings that met all the criteria for a good cutting, so I just did the best I could. I took off the two bottom leaf bunches but in a couple of cases that left me only two instead of three.

I want to do them outside so it is easier to harden them off as I failed with ones I tried in the house.

What do I do now? I had some left over and just stuck them in rooting hormone and used a stick to make a hole, stuck them in poor soil, pressed the soil around them and watered.

I don't want to put the bottles over them until I know if it is ok for the leaves to touch the sides of the bottle. I thought they weren't supposed to, but I won't have much leaf growth left on a few if I clip them back.

They look kind of cute sitting there all neatly potted. I wish I could just root them that way. Maybe I could mist them a few times a day. This is the season for high humidity the next two months. I could get a big tray to set them all in so they aren't as likely to fall over.

This is not as easy as some of you make it sound. I took a jar and plastic cannister to keep them in water and keep the varieties separate, and they didn't even want to stay in that on the way home!

Comment (1)

Sponsored