Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triple_b

took a 'rose walk' this morning

triple_b
16 years ago

All the roses are in bloom, so being a newbie I wanted to see them in their 'natural state', not all soft-lensed and touched up like in books and websites. It was interesting to see which colors really popped out and which were just blah, some where different from what I expected. Saw a lavender one that made me drool, and a beautiful orange one.

I was admiring a coral colored lovely that was growing near the road and I noticed the lady of the house outside sweeping her deck. I complimented her on her roses and and asked if I could cut a stem. She said 'sure'. I wonder what she thought when I whipped the pruners out of my coat pocket, ready for action? Got another stem of what appears to be Memorial Day. Nobody was home and the bush looked somewhat neglected. I got the impression that the roses lived there before the tenants did and they couldn't care less. Unfortunately this is often the way. Sure hope it roots for me.

However I still do not have the gall to ring somebody's doorbell and ask if I can cut a stem off their rose. But it is coming to that. I don't know how long I can hold out with that juicy orange one.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21