Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosewolfie

Need immediate help.advice on rose cuttings!

RoseWolfie
11 years ago

So I have a long story to the reason I got these cuttings, but short version is they are important to me and are extremely beautiful.

I've always tried and failed at doing cuttings. I finally went out and bought rooting hormone and it worked apparently. Its been a couple or more weeks, the stems lost all their leaves, but are still vibrant green. I picked one up to check if it needed watering and to see for new growth. Now heres the problem. We are in the middle of a tropical storm in Florida. it has soaked everything, but nothing serious. I planted these in jiffy peat pots. So when I picked it up, it crumbled into a pile of dirt on the floor. I found out I had roots on my cuttings, but now I have to transplant them and fast!

What do I do? I got a pot and gardening soil. Should I just plant it with as much gathered dirt from the broken peat pot and put it in, or should I ignore that and just slowly cover the roots with soil? Should the soil be moist or not first? Do I water it and do you recommend warm water or cold after planting? Any other tips to save this accident?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting