Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow or peach austin cuttings wanted

Posted by wildflowerchild (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 14:26

I am starting new and am interested in trying roses for the first time ever. I like the Austin cabbage-shaped roses and I like yellow and peach colors. I tried to order from Chamblees, but they have stopped shipping for this season and say that I have to wait until fall. And some other reasonably priced places are sold out of the ones that I like (Pat Austin, Jude the Obscure, Charles Darwin, Graham Thomas...) Someone told me that it wasn't too hard to root cuttings and I am certainly willing to try

I don't have a whole lot to trade yet, my garden is new...but I could send someone a couple of cristata (native) irises? I was hoping that someone might have a healthy rosebush that they wouldn't mind sending me a couple of cuttings from. (cabbage shaped yellow or peach, doesn't have to be the exact varieties I was trying to buy)

armed with root-tone
Laura in VA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow or peach austin cuttings wanted

• Posted by gnomey 7b SC zip296 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 4:35

I have Teasing Georgia which I think might be an Austin. I'm not sure if it's illegal to propagate it though.. I would have to find out, or if you can find out that would be great.

o

Dang, looks like that one is patented still.
loved it in the picture, though. Dang.

o

Tamora is old enough now to have asexual sex. ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here