Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Crosses

Posted by ramblinrosez7b SNJ (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 22:40

Has anyone made any interesting crosses this season? I got an early start this year and have about 100 crosses done so far and I only have about 2 weeks left to go.
Some of my crosses are:

Heirloom X Midas Touch
Bronze Star X Angel Face
Heirloom X Bronze Star
Angel Face X Scentimental
Scentimental X Heirloom
Gemini X Scentimental
Peace X Easy Going
Brigadoon X Elle
Elle X Heirloom
Loves Magic X Peace
Dolly Parton X Easy Going

That is just a few, I have many more. Its alot of fun doing these, I hope they come through the four months ok.
Has anyone had any luck with some of the ones I posted? I would be interested in knowing if indeed they do take. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Crosses

Those look like crosses I would make. I just cross whatever tickles my fancy at the time.
Good luck with them, and have fun doing it.
John

o

Thanks Jon for your response. More than likely I will end up with about half of the crosses I made but for me, an amateur rose breeder, its fine. I have alot of fun doing it.

o

Hello guys, I am new to roses. And I have just come across a very good deal on about 20 different rose bushes. And I was just wondering, what do u all mean about the crosses? Are u talking about grafting. I am new to roses, but not new to grafting and propagating. I have misting system set up. And I really would like to start propagating and grafting roses. Thank you all in advance for all your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here