Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seedling from 2007 batch...

Posted by gerry_wyomingpa z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 22:44

one of them finally bloomed today, seed parent is Rosey Purple...looks like a really nice, small single rose, almost the color of a Bing Cherry, and I think I detect a scent, but not sure yet.

seedling 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seedling from 2007 batch...

Gerry,

That is beautiful!!!! Congratulatons.

Kathy

o

Congrats. Bing Cherry is good name for it.

o

Very nice indeed. Congrats.

o

Thanks guys, I am hoping that it has repeat blooms, can't wait to find out, it is one of the few I am saving...Have another one about to bloom, maybe tomorrow, seedling from Keith's Delight, small leaves and buds, almost looks like a miniature, will post pics.

Gerry

o

Well, the baby of Keith's delight is a bust. The flowers ALMOST open white...they seem to open about 3/4 of the way and then just hang on for a day or so before turning brown and dying. The bush looks healthy as anything but without flowers that look or smell good...worthless. Amazingly my sister likes them, but she may have been trying to be nice.

I have some flowers on one other seedling I have, a Tess of the D'Ubervilles, I am not to pleased with it, but seems to be a good bloomer, will have to get pics and post them.

Gerry

o

Very pretty! Good job, Gerry!

I am trying my hand at this with some cuttings from my late MIL's roses. I only tried one other time, back when I was naive and left them in the sun to fry. Hopefully, this time I have your skill and luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here