Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gerry_wyomingpa

Seedling from 2007 batch...

gerry_wyomingpa
15 years ago

one of them finally bloomed today, seed parent is Rosey Purple...looks like a really nice, small single rose, almost the color of a Bing Cherry, and I think I detect a scent, but not sure yet.

Comments (6)

• paddlehikeva
    15 years ago

Gerry,

That is beautiful!!!! Congratulatons.

Kathy

• daveinohio_2007
    15 years ago

Congrats. Bing Cherry is good name for it.

• Joan Dupuis
    15 years ago

Very nice indeed. Congrats.

• gerry_wyomingpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks guys, I am hoping that it has repeat blooms, can't wait to find out, it is one of the few I am saving...Have another one about to bloom, maybe tomorrow, seedling from Keith's Delight, small leaves and buds, almost looks like a miniature, will post pics.

Gerry

• gerry_wyomingpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, the baby of Keith's delight is a bust. The flowers ALMOST open white...they seem to open about 3/4 of the way and then just hang on for a day or so before turning brown and dying. The bush looks healthy as anything but without flowers that look or smell good...worthless. Amazingly my sister likes them, but she may have been trying to be nice.

I have some flowers on one other seedling I have, a Tess of the D'Ubervilles, I am not to pleased with it, but seems to be a good bloomer, will have to get pics and post them.

Gerry

• scorpiohorizon
    15 years ago

Very pretty! Good job, Gerry!

I am trying my hand at this with some cuttings from my late MIL's roses. I only tried one other time, back when I was naive and left them in the sun to fry. Hopefully, this time I have your skill and luck.