Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oslofile

old rose bush, needs to move long distance

oslofile
17 years ago

I have a rose bush my mother gave to my motherin law some 40 years ago. It is from a plant started in the early 1950's. the cutting took a lot of tries before it took. I didn't do it. I moved the whole bush several years ago and it survived, but it has always been plagued by beetles, and fungi. It isn't doing well. I am moving and would like to take the bush with me. I need advice on how to. I am going to fertalize the bush tomorrow. I was thinking about spraying the bush with a mild dish soap. The question here is what should I do. I will be moving 160 miles away.

The other question I want to take some cuttings to insure that I have several chances of it surviving. My problem is I am totally new to rose bushes and I have read the bottle method but have no idea how it actually works. Could someone help me with a cutting. Please, I am a raw beginner and am not familiar with some of the lingo

I need all the help I can get and it will all be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what it is. It has red flowers and one of the bushes my mother has was American Beauty. but I don't know if that is the one. thanks in advance. oslo in NC

Comments (2)