Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free roses, all kinds

Posted by karenpendragon Washington (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 08 at 2:34

Hi everyone!
I purchased a house three years ago from folks who were serious rose gardeners. I haven't counted, but there are probably more than 30 roses on our urban lot. They are very pretty, but we're more into fruit/vegetable gardening and frankly, we don't need this many roses. Roses do bite, and this is a problem when trying to harvest around them.
So, this is an open invitation to give me a call, drop by my house and check out my roses. I have no idea what any of them are called, but they're all thriving without any particular care from us. About half of them are free to anyone who will dig them up. The rest we may not be willing to part with, but you'd be welcome to take a cutting. If you'd like to see them in bloom now and come at a better time of year to actually dig them up, that would be fine too.
I live in West Seattle, across the street from South Seattle Community College. If you're in the area, give me a call. (206)767-3826

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free roses, all kinds

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 3, 08 at 22:29

very nice offer, too bad I"m on the other coast :)

o

call up the local rose society or county extension to pick them up

o

too bad i am up in Canada and getting even a used tissue over the border these days is a lesson in pain.

o

just don't declare it. take cuttings and pack them in your lunch bucket. as long as there's no soil, they won't bother you. so long as there's no gun, no drug, no kidnapped child, they usually don't care about anything else. I even had some HID lighting stuff in my trunk the last time; I didn't declare it, they just sent in their sniffer dog, the dog found nothing, so they sent me on my way. Sativa.

o

Do you still have roses? Do you have email?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here