Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danty_gw

Rooted rose cuttings -- available

danty
10 years ago

I am overflowing with baby roses right now.
It would be great to find homes for some of them.
All I ask is compensation for the postage.

Attached is an updated list.

Danty

Comments (24)

• BRMeadows
    10 years ago

I am interested in some of your cuttings. Should I send private email or use this forum?

• lindamcgoo
    10 years ago

sent you a e-mail

• danty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linda,
    I didn't get your e-mail.
    Here is my direct e-mail address: profloran@roadrunner.com

Dan

• lindamcgoo
    10 years ago

sent new e-mail

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Danty,

I would love Caldwell Pink and Mrs. William G. Koning.

Thanks!!
    Carol

PS my babies are doing great and loaded with happy new growth thank you!

• reemcook
    10 years ago

Hi Dan,

I sent you an email via ATP. I am unsure if you received it. I will resend it using your direct email address.

I would love to "adopt" several of your roses into our garden. I also have a few Ashdown roses (well established rooted plants) to send your way!

Thank you.

Reem

This post was edited by reemcook on Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 3:49

• Dalietta
    10 years ago

Danty,

I am interested in many of your cuttings, too!
    But I live in... Italy!!! (Candy Cane; Distant Drums; Kathleen; Leonie Lamesch; Marriotta; Martha Gonzales; Mrs William G. Koning; The Impressionist; Papa Hemerey;)

Are you willing to ship them so far? How much will it costs? But most importantly: the cuttings will survive to the long journey?

I think your offer is really kind and those who will benefit are so lucky!

If you couldn't, I'll understand!!!

Bye

• PRO
    Hummingbird Roses
    10 years ago

Hi Danty,

I just sent you an email.
    I'm back on the forum after a long break, a long move, and now starting over. Would LOVE some of your rooted babies!

Thank you!

Mindy

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Dalietta, to have anything shipped to you in Italy from here, you need to check with your Italian Agricultural Department for the restrictions and requirements regulating importing roses into Italy. There ARE some, but I don't know what they are as they will vary by country. I know The Netherlands has far more relaxed requirements than Germany does. If anyone attempts to send you rose plants, cuttings, bud wood, even seeds without the appropriate paperwork, it will likely be confiscated or returned and you may be subject to fines. Check it out first. it's easier for you to find out than it is for anyone outside your country.

Here, prior to being able to import ANYTHING legally, there are many hoops to jump through; permits to be paid for and applied for; hopefully permits granted; inspections to be dealt with and paid for...all before you can order the plants. All the dominoes have to be in place or the results could range (here) from a confiscated package all the way to $20,000 fines for smuggling plants. I'm not joking. Check with your Ag Agency to see what's required. Perhaps they are easy enough for Danty to deal with, perhaps not.

And, yes, a well rooted, band size plant can easily survive being mailed from the US to Italy, particularly via Express Mail but that IS expensive. Your country probably won't permit plants with soil to be sent, though. Most likely, they will require they be free from any soil or soil less mix contamination, literally bare rooted. Importing bud wood or cuttings should prove a lot easier. Kim

• danty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Dalietta,
    I agree with Kim (Roseseek) on all of his recommendations.
    Shipping plants from country to country is not nearly as easy as within the country itself.
    I would be happy to send the plants to you -- based on your researching your government's restrictions and rules.

Danty

• Dalietta
    10 years ago

Thankyou all for your recommendations,
    I will check with my Ag Agency...

Thank you a lot

• QuestioningSerenity
    10 years ago

Here's hoping you still have babies to send out. I've sent an e-mail to the one you posted a few posts up. Here's crossing my finger's for a reply!

Sereniti

• hf.roses
    10 years ago

I would be intrested in some of your roses, if you still
    have some. Would they work in my zone?
    HF.Roses

• hf.roses
    10 years ago

I would be intrested in some of your roses, if you still
    have some. Would they work in my zone?
    HF.Roses

• poodledogs47
    10 years ago

I will take any rooted rose cuttings that you have left, just e-mail me and tell me how much I need to send you for postage, lizntj47@gmail.com, thanks

• mickee
    10 years ago

I'm new to posting. I have several holes that I need to fill and would like to have some cuttings. Let me know what I can get and I'll forward the postage, ASAP. Thanks so much.

• ange2006
    10 years ago

Hi Dan,
    Do you still have some rooted cuttings to share? I am interested in Lyda, Candy Cane, Abracadabra and Sun Sprinkles. Are any of these fragrant? Which is the most fragrant on your list? I love fragrant roses. I can send you a priority mail label if it's more convenient for you to do it this way. Thanks.
    Ange

• danty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ange,
    Thanks for the request.
    Not very many of the roses I grow are fragrant -- being the smaller roses with less capacity for fragrance.
    ABRACADABRA does have a nice scent.
    I am out of those right now but should have some later in the Fall.
    If you would please send me an e-mail directly to: profloran@roadrunner.com reminding me about this.
    I will save your request and contact you when the rooted cutting is ready.

Dan

• QuestioningSerenity
    10 years ago

Danty,

The roses came in today! Thank you so much! All three are looking great and are now in their new home pot. Did you notice Texas' little bud?? By the way, those tag's you provided were very appreciated! I'm going to be chewing on my finger trying to guess the HT's name once it starts blooming.

My one question for you, would it be ok to allow them to keep one bud when they start blooming? Say they developed 2 their first time and I nipped one but let them keep the 2nd so I could see their colors? I was reading that to promote root growth your suppose to nip the first few buds.

Thank you so much for these beauties!

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Questioning,

I left one bud on the Caldwell Pink Dan sent. I love it! It is teeny tiny half inch of pink puff ball. But I had to see it.

Dan has a great collection of happy healthy rose cuttings

• Judystovall59
    10 years ago

I have nothing to offer as I am new at this would love any you can send and I send postage or what you need

• ergongeos
    10 years ago

Hello i am interested in some of your rose cuttings :-)
    I have vege and flower seeds to trade?
    Or do you sell them?

Thanks a lot
    ergon

• lorigaut
    10 years ago

I would love some if you have any left. Thanks!!!

• Rodica50
    10 years ago

Hello, everybody!
    I live in Romania and for a few years I have a small rose collection. I am interested to exchange rose cuttings with people living in Europe. I am interested of ancient, floribunda, wichuraianna, ramblers, bushes and climber roses (lees Tea Hybrid roses). If you want to see what are the roses I could offer to exchange you could access my page with the albums of each rose of my collection. In Romania we have a community interested in growing roses and I can look for those cuttings you are looking for to my friends. The address of my page where you can see the roses I have is:
    http://primula.sunphoto.ro/
    You can read what I have written about each of them using Google translation. If you want to ask something, you can send me a private message. I would be happy to share everything I know about rose propagation.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?