Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow rose rooting and mister plus vid

Posted by hummersteve 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 17:43

I used this same method last summer and will also show pic of that plant but with the extreme winter it didnt survive in my garage. I was hoping to give it to my sis. So I tried again this season and some success again. Out of 10 cuttings two rooted. I use 6" pots with a mix of 50% potting soil and 50% course vermiculite. I stick these guys in full sun and run my orbit mister all day as long as sun is out. On overcast days I dont run it but for the most part all day till sunset. I started these around june 1st , dont when they actually rooted but when I started seeing roots out of the bottom of pot I up potted. I said when they flower they will go to sis and she can care for them.

maybe overkill but I wanted to give their roots room
 photo IMG_4806800x533_zps4b5c92a1.jpg

the largest of two
 photo IMG_4796800x533_zps11e28404.jpg

the smallest but it is rooted patience is key
 photo IMG_4797800x533_zps58f70291.jpg

photo IMG_4798800x533_zps829f31d6.jpg

my pride and joy
 photo IMG_4799800x533_zpsb31c4ad8.jpg

Just for fun here is the cutting from last year and as you can see on its way too bad it didnt make it thru the winter. This method works.

8-29 photo 9473a800x533_zps2165b488.jpg

photo IMG_9951800x533_zpsa6fd9283.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Orbit Mister

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow rose rooting and mister plus vid

Congratulations! They look very nice.

I started mist again this summer, too. Used to do it but hadn't in a long time.

It works wonderfully, even with a primitive set up. I'm using one of those "kennel cooler" lines--about 10' long with 6 mister heads. I added a Raindrip timer & a sand filter recently because our water is so mineralized it was encrusting the cuttings' leaves. Running it ~15-20 minutes/hr now, or can manually set it to run more.

Some things rooted in 15 days! Stuff roots great in this hot weather under mist.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here