Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow freckles on leaves

Posted by rdmiller Z9 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 13:06

My Mister Lincoln rose has, at about this time every year, yellow freckles all over the leaves, which subsequently grow brown and brittle and fall off. Why does this happen every year? (It doesn't exactly seem the same as the fungus which turns veins yellow. More like sprinkles of freckles.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow freckles on leaves

We have powdery mildew-a microscopic fungal infection in both of our rose plants, and the veins did not turn yellow, rather the leaves had a splotchy or freckled appearance and also a rather shriveled look when they unfurled. If left they will turn brown, but they usually don't last that long as the lightest touch causes the leaves-sometimes entire shoots- to come right off. Even in the wind.
Not the best news in the world. I don't think my miniatures are going to make it.

I am no expert, however, so I may be wrong, though it does sound like what happened to our plants. On one plant this wasn't evident until I treated the leaves with an oil to smother the fungus, but on the other plant I noticed it before treating it with anything.

Shawna
From the Heart of the City

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here