Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vidnand

Looking for selected Miniature cuttings

vidnand
16 years ago

Hi All,

I am looking for these Rose cuttings. Pls. lemme know if you can share any with me me. I can pay for postage or pick it up if you live closeby. BTW I live in Cupertino, CA (Bay Area)

Here comes the list:

Avandel, Black Jade, Café Olé, Cal Poly, Double Treat, Glowing Amber, Golden Angel, Iced Tea, Jacquie Williams, June Laver, Just for You, Lifestyle, Magic Carrousel, Mood Music, Peach Candy, Penny Ante, Red Alert, Rise 'N' Shine, San Francisco Sunset, Sheri Anne, Sweet Chariot, Teddy Bear, Thanks To Sue, Work of Art

Thanks in advance,

Plant Lover

Comments (6)

• michelle_co
    16 years ago

STOP EMAILING ME directly to solicit plant cuttings. I am not going to send you cuttings so you can illegally propagate plants that are still under patent! SO STOP ASKING. It's just RUDE.

Michelle

• vidnand
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I am so sorry If I hurt you by anyway. I was not aware of these patent issues. I didn't ecven know it is illegal to do so. Again sorry about this.

Plant lover

• izzybelle
    16 years ago

I can't help you with cuttings as I live in Hawaii. Because of this, I am in the sad position of always buying everything I have; patented or not, usually through the internet. More to the point for you: try looking in wwwhelpmefind.com to ascertain whether the rose you are interested in is patented or not. For instance, rise n shine is not, nor is black jade (I just usually minus 20 years from this date to determine that by rule of thumb). The site will also tell you some facts about the plant, for instance, black jade is prone to mildew--which could mean a lot of spraying for you. Also, as a side note: some people prefer that you contact them after both parties are in agreement to do so...and some just never check their email--like me! So, it is best to post.

• vidnand
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Izzybelle,
    Is all commercially acailable roses are under patent. For eg. I searched for Avandel in the website you have mentioned. It say that this rose was introduced in 1977 and is available commercially. Should I just minus 20 year and assume that the patent is over or only if it is not available commercially.... Pls. help. I don't want to face such a situation any more.

Thanks,

Plant Lover

• izzybelle
    16 years ago

A rose or any other commonly patented plant can be available whether or not it is patented. In fact, according to several other posts, there are more non-patented plants available than patented plants. The best thing to do if you are curious, is to go to the search selection above and type rose patents or such a combination. Technically speaking, one can assume that if 20 years have passed since the plant's official introduction, then the plant is past the restrictions of patent laws. To be certain of this, you can cross search the plant in the U.S. patent data base. The other threads regarding this issue are very informative and can give you a better perspective regarding the morality and laws concerning asexual propagation. Hope this helps,
    -Lee

• vidnand
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Lee,
    Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your patience.

--Srividya--