Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent help need -pics included

Posted by joeyb319 none (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 18:57

Hi guys, I planted a single rose cutting in June this year. Within a few weeks I could see a new stem starting to grow out of original cutting. Over the last few weeks this new growth has devolped and started to look alien and very unrose like. Is this normal? The leaves don't look or feel rose like and seem far to big. Any ideas? Please note on the links below there's no space between the p and the g! For some reason this site won't let me edit it correctly

Week 2

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a551/jmabarker/null_zps81feeb15.jpg

Week 4

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a551/jmabarker/null_zpsdbca1123.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Week 4

This post was edited by joeyb319 on Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 19:02

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent help need -pics included

Whatever it is, its not a rose!

o

That's exactly what I was thinking. When I looked at the first picture, it appears to have a very woody stem instead of green like a rose cutting. I almost wanted to say it looked like an Althea (rose of sharon) leaf....but it is not quite the same.

o

That looks extremely similar to hops (the plant/flower used in beer production). Might also be catnip.

This post was edited by AT2013 on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 3:56

o

Cheers guy I've removed it from the pot. No idea how it started as I've been growing it indoors with compost from a sealed bag. Strange!
Anyway good news is that the rose stem cutting has defiantly rooted and new growth has spouted the node. Thanks everyone :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here