Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elks_gw

For Those Wanting ot Looking for Things

elks
16 years ago

Please use the Exchanges area reached by clicking that word at either the top or bottom of these threads. Your requests clutter this page, which is meant only for discussions on how to propagate.

Thanks,

Steve.

Comments (11)

• elks
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Moving this down. Thanks everyone. S.

• catsrose
    16 years ago

Are you a site admin or just a closet cop? Besides, the heading to this forum is Propagation and Exchange. Whatever else this page is meant to be, it is not meant to adhere to the neurotic controlling reality of one individual. Show a little tolerance. What you put out is what you get back.

• elks
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I didn't know I was being neurotic, nor acting as a closet cop. I have used this forum for years and only recently have people been putting requests for cuttings or offers of cuttings or seedlings here. They are unusual. This is an international forum, but the exchanges are U.S. only. Perhaps, that was the reason for segregating them, as folks from other countries post their wants elsewhere, I believe. I don't remember when the separate exchanges page began.
    My apologies for seeming intolerant.
    Steve.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

catsrose, there are two sections to this forum. This one is the "Propagation" portion. The link in the middle of the page just before the threads says "Exchanges", THAT is the "Exchange" portion of this forum, and that where the "Wanted" and "Have" and "Trades" should be placed. The person who created GardenWeb (before it was purchased by iVillage) made the split when this forum was created. And that person was the real "cop", you would have gotten a little note if you didn't adhere to the posting "rules" and you would have been banished if you continued to "disobey". No one is trying to be "cop" just point out why there is a link to "Exchanges".

BTW, Steve is one of the more helpful posters in any of the "Rose" forums.

Speaking of karma...

• mgleason56
    16 years ago

I have also noted a lot of exchanges here that never showed up before. Thanks for the post Steve!

• michelle_co
    16 years ago

Thanks for posting Steve. I had noticed a lot of WANTED posts showing up in the wrong part of the forum, too.

I am embarrassed on behalf of CatsRose's poor behavior and am sorry that someone would make that kind of post toward you. :-( Very ironic that someone would become so rude in the name of tolerance.

Cheers,
    Michelle

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Many of these posts may be unintentional misplacements by newbies. I know when I first joined, because this particular forum is named "Propagation and Exchanges" I posted a Wanted post in this section before I realized that they are divided. Initially I thought it was one forum for both propagating and trading. I'd simply missed the "Exchanges" link. The forum name can be a little misleading, especially when compared to the naming of other forums here on GW.

Hopefully people will read this post and realize that the two are indeed separate.

• mmmgonzo
    16 years ago

I wanted to thank Steve, (who has been on these boards for a long time), for trying to help out the new posters on this forum.

I'd like to think that the newer members would appreciate the direction given and come to realize that they will probably get more responses to their "wanted" posts or "have to trade" posts if they are in the correct spot.

While I enjoy trades and exchanges, I also like to come to this board and read about others experiences propagating roses, and not wanting to sift thru a bunch of "wanted" type posts.

The people who are the regulars here are some of the nicest most generous people... kindness goes a long way here..

Marleah

• catsrose
    16 years ago

My apologies to Steve and all the regulars. As "newbie," I shouldn't feel offended by what seems a proprietary interest. Like redsnowflake and presumably the others, I missed the little click to the exchanges. Sorry for being stupid as well as rude.

• elks
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Apology accepted, catsrose.

Thanks.

Looking back over what I originally wrote, the "clutters this page" was too strong. It is amazing how careful one must be in print, without the sighs and winks and gestures, to write and be understood for exactly what one is thinking.

Steve.

• donnaz5
    16 years ago

when i first found this forum, i, too, posted for an exchange, and someone kindly pointed out to me that i might have better luck if i posted on the exchanges forum. i honestly never knew it was there before that, and i think that alot of other people don't, either.i think that the "kindly" way something is pointed out can make all of the difference. i don't think anyone is trying to run their own agenda by posting on the propagation forum, but rather, that it is not blatantly clear that they are two different forums, wrapped up in one.a little tolerance, and "kindly" nudging is all that is needed...donna

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH