Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are climbing roses born? Check out seedling.

Posted by aptosca CA9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 14:17

These 3 seedlings, from different roses, were started around the same time and grown under the same conditions. The one from Oranges and Lemons is starting to look like a climber. Don't know the pollen parent but do have climbing roses in the area.

Photobucket

They really had grown alot since mid July. The O & L one was always ahead.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are climbing roses born? Check out seedling.

Yes, some climbers are "born" that way, while others mutate to become climbers. I'm not surprised your Oranges'n Lemons seedling seems to want to climb. I've joked for over twenty-five years that anything bred by McGredy is "suitable for pegging". When released in my climate. most of his floribundas have appeared to want to climb. Kim

o
RE: Are climbing roses born? Check out seedling.

Kim - Thanks for the reply. I now remember how O & L can send up 5 ft. shoots if I don't really prune it back.
Clare

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here