Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me save my rustled rose!

Posted by tricia_pa z6b PA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 24, 09 at 14:26

Hello,

I saved this rose in June before a couple of houses were demolished (with permission, of course). We got as much of the root ball as we could, which wasn't a whole lot. I took off the leaves and cut a lot of branches off. Miraculously, a month and a half later, it started leafing out. No blooms yet. It is in a big pot. Should I put it in the ground now or is it safer to keep in the garage for the winter? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me save my rustled rose!

You may want to post this question on the regular rose forum as you should get your answer faster. I am in a much warmer zone so I really hesitate to give you any advice.

Liz

o

Without knowing what type of rose it is, I'm not sure you'll get good advice.

Was the rose one that had survived on its own as the house fell into disrepair? If so, it will probably do fine if you plant it in the ground.

What other info can you give us?

Connie

o

I'm not sure what type of rose it is. It had red blooms when we dug it up in June. I did take pics so maybe I can post them when I'm at home. The house was abandoned for maybe a year or so before so I assume they don't need too much care. It seems to be doing well in the pot. It just hasn't bloomed this summer after I potted it. The foliage looks good though. I just don't know if I should wait to plant outside until Spring when it has more roots and keep it in the garage or is it better to plant it in the ground now. Thank you for your responses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here