Little White Pet
Maman Cochet
Mrs. B. R. Cant
Felicia
A few others. Also have Moore's Pink Poodle

Comments (43)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Nice list, bluegirl! I see a couple I might like to try but at the moment I don't think I want to. With winter fast approaching I'm leery of taking on new babies I might not be able to protect adequately.

• vaflowernut
    9 years ago

I'd love to have the pink poodle. I don't have any roses to offer, would you be interested in 3 perennials?

• vaflowernut
    9 years ago

I'd love to have the pink poodle. I don't have any roses to offer, would you be interested in 3 perennials?

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Seil: would be happy to pot up & tag for you for next spring--let me know!

Va flowernut: sure, just e-mail. Every rose lover should have Pink Poodle :) It's an Old Blush child.

• Alana8aSC
    9 years ago

Hey bluegirl, I would love Clotilde Soupert and Moore's Pink Poodle if you have any left. The only thing I have rooted is a Ducher and Madame Hardy. Let me know!

• gardenlover1
    9 years ago

Hi bluegirl,

I would love to have Reve D'Or (yellow) rooted cutting if you have one. Is anything from my list interesting to you?

I have also posted a message to you on 'san Antonio plant swap 10/18/14' and also had sent an email.

Haves:
    - Mme. Antoine Carriere white rose plant - 1 year old
    - Champney's Pink Cluster plant - 1 year old
    - Pink Rose plant - 1 year old
    - Rose of Sharon plant - 1 year old
    - Crossandra seeds - yellow
    - Okra seeds
    - Water melon seedlings - 10â long
    - Cantaloupe seedlings - 10â long
    - mint

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Would you happen to have any of these in your others?
    Most interested in the ones with **

Chuckles
    Cocktail **
    Cornelia
    Dainty Bess **
    Dortmund **
    Hurdy Gurdy
    Julia Child
    Lyda Rose **
    Mrs. Oakley Fisher

I could trade Ballerina, September Morn and The Prince.

• bevgailgarden
    9 years ago

I have the fairy and Cream Veranda to trade. Would love mrs br can't and mrs Dudley cross!!

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ruth, Bev, Gardenlover, e-mailed you.

• ruthz
    9 years ago

September Morn
    Both in same pot.
    The taller one is blooming now.

• gagalzone8
    9 years ago

Would love a White pet!! I have just gotten the rose bug over the last few years and don't have anything to trade. (roses anyway) I do have white butterfly ginger & spider lilies. I also am looking for a blush noisette shrub rose.

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm out of most of the things I had rooted but I'll start some more next month. You are welcome to e-mail me at my gmail addy.

• gagalzone8
    9 years ago
    ok..dumb question. .how do I find your email address? still getting used to finding my way around houzz
  • bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Me too. You can message through the board by "following" the person. You click on their username (upper left of post) & choose "follow". You have to be signed in.
    (I know, I know--I don't use Facebook, so it's not intuitive to me, either). Or you can e-mail me at gmail with this username, using first letters only: (V)ictor 4 (R)ose (P)etals 11.

• gagalzone8
    9 years ago
    would love clotide soupert also! donnarring@gmail.com
  • Phylis
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

bluegirl, the box you sent last week was so awesome, all the rose babies are thriving! I'd like to swap for some minis in your next batch... :)

Can you follow me back or enable your messaging?

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/2857476/garden-web-messaging-is-back-without-having-to-follow-one-another

• amanda
    9 years ago

I would would love white pet I have a few to trade .. Thousand beauties , queen Elizabeth le marne , iceberg , Fortuniana, duchess debranbt , Abraham Darby , Rosa rugosa Hybrid "jubilee" also spice and old blush but they are last year's cuttings and not ready for cuttings yet .

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Many thanks, Phyllis--glad they look good--I thank YOU :)
    Donna: I'll e-mail you
    Justadrift et. al.: both Clotilde & LWP root easily, but I won't take cuttings until next month when our weather is regularly hot--that's when they root best for me.

LWP roots pretty easily but it's a slllooooww grower own-root. Probably won't be until late summer/fall that I'm comfortable cuttings can be sent safely. Got to give this one some patience, but when it finally starts growing & blooming it's a sweetheart.

• gagalzone8
    9 years ago

You are the bomb!! email donnarring@gmail.com

• amanda
    9 years ago

Awesome it's such a beauty I have admired it at the Ringling rose museum for years ...

• littleblackbat
    9 years ago

Hey Ruthz, I wasn't sure where to message you at on this site, but I would like to trade something for your rooted September Morn, or pay the postage etc. At the moment the only thing I have for trade though is African violet leaves.

• Phylis
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

First bloom on the baby Champneys' Pink Cluster. Thank you Bluegirl. :)

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Very pretty. Champ's is a trooper. Simple little flowers, but sweetly scented & so many of them--on a healthy, prettily shaped bush. Glad it's doing well.

• demi_123
    8 years ago

Bluegirl_gw do you still root roses and if you do could I pay you for some? I have nothing currently to trade, mine are all too small. But you had a lovely list... of OGRs :)

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Demi,

I'll start cuttings this month. I just trade for plants or postage, thank you. Were you wanting anything in particular? I "followed" you so you can e-mail

• Katie
    8 years ago

Hi bluegirl I have nothing to trade, but would love to pay. I'd love pink poodle and perle d'or if you could spare a couple. I "followed" you but still don't see how to contact you, my email is lucythegoat@yahoo.com, if you would.

I keep trying and trying to root things and just can't seem to get it to happen.

Many thanks to you, Katie

• caflowerluver
    8 years ago

Are you only interested in OGR? I have a few but mainly HT's. I am interested in Mrs. B. R. Cant, Mons. Tillier, Pink Poodle if they are available. Thanks.

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Katie, have plenty of Perle D'Or, may have some more Pink Poodle by fall

CAflowerluver--sure--I love modern HTs & floribundas. I see you're growing Magenta & Bewitched :-D I have plenty of Mrs. B. R. , should have Mons Tillier & PP later.

I "followed" both of you.

Sorry for the delay--I haven't checked old threads in a long time. I have some things rooted now but it's getting extremely hot & I think it would be safer to wait until Sept to mail stuff. You can e-mail me at the above addy,

• Anne Zone 7a Northern CA
    8 years ago

I'd love in Pink Poodle and Mons Tillier. I have some what I'm pretty sure is Dorothy Perkins Rambler started and lots of bushes I could cut from: Penelope, Cornelia, Caroline Hairston, Eutin, Moonlight, Ballerina, Mozart, Charles Lobb, Queen of Bourbons, Thomas Lipton. Petite Pink Scotch Rose..HybridTea Roses: Heirloom, Tropicana, Tiffany, and a beautiful coral one I haven't identified, possibly 'Fragrant Cloud', form and scent amazing.

8 years ago

Here's what I think is the Dorothy Perkins Rambler, found by the highway.

Found Roses · More Info

• Phylis
    8 years ago

What a beauty, Ferndale Red China Rose from bluegirl. This photo doesn't do it justice. Baby's first bloom.

• roseseek
    8 years ago

She really does a splendid job of producing them, doesn't she? Everything she has sent has settled in and taken off.

• Vicissitudezz
    8 years ago

Lovely- I also have a "FRC" from bluegirl (AKA the Generous Gardener) that's about to bloom for the first time.

I don't have enough plants for a fair trade, but I definitely hope to 'pay it forward' as my plants mature...

Virginia

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Beautiful rose, Anne--you have some very nice plants. I have a fair number of PP rooted now but they need to grow off a bit. Also have a couple of Mons. Tillier & more under mist. Email me anytime. I'm sending out most things mid Sept.

Phyllis: I love Ferndale! such a pretty China & so healthy. I love my iris & daylilies, too, thank YOU!

Roseseek: Thank YOU! I appreciate all you have shared--have had a great time with all the cuttings & seeing them grow off & bloom

Vmr423: LOL! Hmmm, the lady doth protest too much, methinks. I seem to have quite a collection of things from you ;-)

Best wishes for a wonderful fall flush for everyone.

8 years ago

What is your email, Bluegirl?

• Wild Haired Mavens
    8 years ago

Hi blue girl,

Could you sign me up for another box, I lost Marie pave and old blush in a transplant accident, so I'd appreciate those again if they are available and

I think I missed these last year

b r cant

perle d'or

clotilde soupert

Felicia

Thanks

8 years ago

Never mind, I see it above, I'm rooting some others at the moment and will get back to you probably in the spring when I have some good trades :)

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hey WildHairedMavens--sure, I have Mrs. B. R, Perle & Marie now, should have some Clotilde later, possibly Felicia. It's weird how some root fast some years, others do better in other years.

Anyhow, I have a fair number now, others still some under mist, will let ya know. It's too hot to ship now, I'll start emailing folks re. shipments, say, mid Sept.

Anne, email anytime. I don't need a trade & don't mind holding plants over for shipping later if there is a particular plant you'd like.

I had some dang critter rooting through the cuttings last night--really tore things up--arrgghh! I suspect the two (TWO) ringtail cats living in the attic. Got a trap baited with bananas out there now.

• Wild Haired Mavens
    8 years ago

That sounds great if you don't have Felicia or old blush Ill be happy to try rev dor. Shipping in October was great last year, so I'm happy to wait for cooler weather.

• thonotorose
    8 years ago

Hi, BG, My Clotilde is doing great that you shipped last year. In late September I will be cutting back my climbing Clotilde and my offer for cuttings is still open.

• Kachana
    8 years ago

Blugirl,

How big are your rooted cuttings when you think you can safely trade or send in the mail? If you have a picture, would you post it here for reference?

thanks

• msdorkgirl
    7 years ago

This is old but my Clothide Soupert is blooming so just wanted to share ... Thank you blue_gw!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!