Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Rose

Posted by adatt (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 14, 09 at 10:00

I have planted a rose. Plant has grown well all leaves are healthy. Today first rose bloomed and it had only four petals. When I had purchased this cutting it had a fuller rose on it.
I have grown it in a pot.
Suggestion needed to improve rose quality

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Rose

If you got it as a cutting, even a rooted cutting, your rose is still a baby;
give it some time, & maybe snip off the buds until the plant is bigger & stronger.

I wish you the best luck!

o

hi i have tea roses 2 bushes in large flower pots. How can i make many new rose bushes .? how do i get cutings from them and how do i root them.? aND WHEN CAN I DO THIS ? Thank you.. Mike

o

I would suggest to shift rose to the garden land from pot..
This smallness of the rose is surely due to the small pot dimensions.
It is not getting the energy it wants. There is nothing wrong with plant genre as you told the plant has big rose on top when you purchased
So simply take the rose out of pot to the soil and then after few weeks you will see beautiful rose of high size

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here