Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sowandgrow

Questions about cuttings

sowandgrow
9 years ago

Here is a look at the self contained propagator I put together. I thought some people from the colder states(snow already last night here) would be interested in. Last year was my first year using it with a pretty high success rate.what fun, roses in the winter. I grew them inside under lights. But I had started them outside in my. Greenhouse which would be warmer maybe, so I am wondering if I should put a heat mat under my tote. Also what are your thoughts on a little fertilizer that stimulates root growth(I have some that I use on my seedlings).

I used a small pond pump(not the smallest though, it won't push the water) I connected that to a pump relay box(it was meant for an inline system) but I had my husband wire a cord on it to plug in the wall instead. I have that plugged into an intermittent timer, which I have set up to mist 27 seconds every three hours. I used pvc pipe to connect the pipe to misting nozzles pipe , I started out with plastic, but then changed to brass. They seemed to produce a much finer mist. All this craziness and sixty or so roses later all because I came across this forum two years ago! Thanks guys.

Thanks for looking and I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm