seeds

Posted by daveinohio_2007 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 14, 09 at 12:46

Rose seeds available free to anyone wanting to grow from seed:

Country Dancer X Alex. Mackenzie;
Earth Song X Alex. Mackenzie;
Prairie Joy X Alex. Mackenzie;
Quietness X Alex. Mackenzie;
Country Dancer op (these often make nice plants).

Gallicas (these won't bloom until 2011):
Chianti X James Mason;
Rosa Mundi X James Mason;
Tuscanny Superb X James Mason.

Don't wait until January to ask for seeds! Then the cold weather will kill the sprouting seeds in the mail.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeds

Hi Dave,
Are these seeds from the actual crosses or are they OP seeds from these plants? If these are seeds from the actual crosses, I'll take some Prairie Joy x Alex seeds.

Thanks
Paul

o

Can I have some seeds of prairie joy x alex and quietness x alex please ?I have country dancer and am going to try the seeds from the hips.This being my first attempt at growing from seed , it would be nice to get started with seeds that have good chance of germinating.I will be happy to to pay for the expense involved in mailing the seeds.Thanks for offering .
Dana

o

All seeds are from cross pollinations, except for the Country Dancer ops.
Paul: you can have the PJXAM seeds (10 seeds);
Dana: you can have the QuietnessXAM batch (28 seeds).
Seeds are on a layer of moist sand in sterile petri dishes; all you have to do is put the dish in frig and wait for germination to begin in early January.
Send your mailing addresses to davewolfe68@yahoo.com

o

All seeds have been taken.
Thanks to all who responded.
Hopefully you will get some nice seedlings.
dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here