Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter Propagation

Posted by theodosia 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 7:48

My mother had a large old climber by her front step (most likely Blaze or something similar). She had me cut it down. I would have rather dug it up and put it somewhere else, but there was no time. I did bring home a large bucket full of 1 1/2 to 2 foot long cane sections. I am considering just sinking them down into the ground over the winter to see what happens. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Propagation

Look up hardwood propagation. It isn't nearly as reliable as the usual summer rooting, but is extremely easy. You'll want cuttings about half the length you currently have, and a reasonably well prepared bed with good drainage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here