Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are my roses going to die?

Posted by td1026 9 Florida (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 15:28

These are red climbers. The leaves are turning yellow and getting a couple brown spots. One cutting looks like it's starting to shrivel, but they're both green and supple. They've been sitting in a warm, sunny window sill for over a week now, uncovered, and are starting to turn. Maybe I've watered them too much. I have 8 or so other cuttings including hibiscus and yellow roses and they look fine. What's the deal and can I salvage these? They seem to be more fussy than tropicals.

Thanks all

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are my roses going to die?

You need to be patient and give it a month or so to see what happens.

o

If I were you, I would redo this cuttings and following this cutting tips:
1. Do not water the cutting mix, just keep it moist not damp.
2. Put about 1/2 the length of the cutting into the mix. cut the top of the stick just above the node. Dip the cutting stick with rooting hormone.
3. Put the entire pot with cuttings in a clean, clear plastic bag and tie it.
4. Use hand trigger bottle to mist the leaves or sticks (not to the mix) every few days and retie it.
5. Never put this under direct sun, indirect bright light and warm place is recommended.
6. Be patient, after 30~60 days if not rot, it will have rooted and good luck.

This post was edited by gardentiller on Sun, Dec 1, 13 at 6:52

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 1, 13 at 11:23

As long as the canes are green and plump, not black or shriveled, they're still fine. The leaves dieing doesn't mean that the cane will not still root. Keep them evenly moist in good light and be patient.

o

Yes it looks like your over watering them to me, But still alive and no rot so they'll be fine, Also I have better luck using a half sand half perlite mix

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here