Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llbean_gw

Zone 5 help needed

llbean
17 years ago

Hi. I am wondering if there are any fellow zone 5 ers.. I am new or at least I am wanting to be new at growing roses. It seems like everything that I like, someone tells me it is either "not a good rose, not an easy rose, or it needs protecting" Well not that I don't want to dedicate time to grow beautiful roses, but I would also like to have some sucess. I chose to grow Don Juan this year because my local nursery said it was a good first timer rose. Believe it or not I actually got it to bloom and grow!!! It's still alive too.. It grew 18 inches and I was able to start some training.

Well then I met a very nice woman that I was able to trade with and she sent me the following roses. She rooted them and they are a year old and I got them two or three days ago and I planted them in a raised box that my husband built me to over winter plants that I am unsure where to put. Well anyway she sent... Tropicana, Playboy, Gartendirektor and Mollineau and Maybe La Marne

I am wondering? Will these make it? Does any one have any suggestions on roses that are relatively easy to grow and maintence free, or at least low maintence and they have grown well here in Zone 5?

I think that I am a michigander with zone denial... OH to dream....

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living