Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying a new way - hydroponics.

Posted by aptosca CA9 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 20:18

Just built a home made set up with an air pump and container. I also have them in hydro cups so barely touching the water. There is a lot of helpful advice on the Hydroponics forum. I've always had limited success with all the other methods so thought I would try this. I am going to use it to root other plants as well. Anyone else try this with roses?
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying a new way - hydroponics.

Nope, but I remember a LOT of posts about it some time ago. When I tried to re-read them, got a note they'd expired.

Please post your experiences.

o

I just started a bunch of cuttings this week. I need to get a aquarium heater because we just got a cold spell and it works better in warm water. I have it in a unheated garden shed. I will post in a couple of weeks to a month on how it is going.
Clare

o

Nothing was happening so I moved the cuttings from the garden shed to the warmer garage work shop. We were getting temps down in the low 30's at night (as low as 29!) and the water temp wasn't getting above 50. Moving it inside and getting a aquarium heater has helped to get it up to the mid to high 60's. With in 5 days I started getting callus and roots. I am also rooting brugs and plumeria. And I have a tub within a tub partly as insulation and to prevent any water accidents.
Clare

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here