Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Malcolm Manners: ever heard of rooting plasma?

Posted by autumnshowers z7 TX (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 26, 06 at 14:21

Malcolm Manners,

I had a strange dream where I walked into a lab and saw several types of plants growing in a water permeable gel/plasma. There were several suspended cuttings with feeder roots growing in this clear vaseline like gel/plasma (e.g. as if in a jello mold). Some of the plants in the gel/plasma were growing without a pot, but were sitting on a plate of water.

I know this sounds weird, but has science progressed to allow such a marvel?

I'm not going to take credit for this, but if someone sees this and makes it happen--great for gardeners!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Malcolm Manners: ever heard of rooting plasma?

Interesting...

o
RE: Malcolm Manners: ever heard of rooting plasma?

Something like what is pictured on the link below?

Here is a link that might be useful: GEL2ROOT

o
I bought some Gel2Root and tried it; no go

Maybe I'm just not good at it but the rose cuttings I put in it all turned black (so did the Gel2Root for that matter.) I think perhaps if I had been more vigorous with sanitation I'd have had better luck but the stuff is expensive. I've also tried that transparent polymer crystal stuff and it is no good either. My best luck was with some stuff in a ziplock bag with wet paper towels (and I forgot it for two weeks after the trip before finding it!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here